Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Greetings From Chester County, Pennsylvania







Greetings,

I got the link to the website from Dennis Maley. He recently got in touch with me and also passed my email on to Bill Garrity, who I also heard from. Bill, Dennis and I were best friends through the 4 years at Nativity.... (I am) now back to the Phila area in southern Chester County. As of this writing we plan to attend the reunion (my first)...


Al Frantz


It was great to hear from you Al. Thanks for giving us your updated information, supporting the blog and not remaining a lurker.
Although you live on the opposite side of the county, whenever I hear the name "Chester County, Pennsylvania" I (as so many other baby boomers) always remember the Steve McQueen movie, "The Blob" that was filmed in Phoenixville and Chester County back in the late 1950s.
Looking forward to your presence at Sweet Arrow Lake this October 18th!
Maybe some of the others that never attended will take your advice and head down to the newly restored Lake..... Keep passing on the blogsite to others.
By the way Steve McQueen received only $3,000 for starring in the Blob. He had turned down an offer of a smaller amount with a promise of 10% of the profits, but he needed to pay the rent. The film grossed $4 million. For those still up with their math skills: 10% of $4 million is a lot more than $3,000.
Click on the link above and you can see an abridged version of the entire film.





No comments: