Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

before there was Dick Clark there was Guy Lombardo. Party like its 1968!Remember that it is also a holy day of obligation.
"In Circumcisione Domini et Octav Nativitatis"

Genesis 17:10-12: This is my covenant which you shall observe between me and you, and thy seed after thee: All the male-kind of you shall be circumcised. And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, that it may be for a sign of the covenant between me and you. An infant of eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every manchild in your generations: he that is born in the house, as well as the bought servant, shall be circumcised.
A jewish boy and christian boy were talking to one another
"I’m getting operated on tomorrow, "said the christian boy.
"Oh? What are they going to do?" asked the jewish boy.
"Circumcise me!" replied the christian boy.
"I had that done when I was just a few days old," said the jewish boy.
"Did it hurt?" asked the christian boy.
"I couldn’t walk for a year!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognized the picture of Sister William Elizabeth- I was in the first class at Nativity- 1956- of course that was the first year that Sister William Elizabeth taught at Nativity. I didn't talk to her a lot but she always seemed
very bright and well prepared for class- unlike me.