Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Stanislaus, Minersville

St.Stan's Church on Spruce St.













I received this email with a request to post, so here it goes:



Greetings....
I've volunteered to help with the 2008 Minersville Area High School 40th Reunion… well, while at it, I was looking into trying to find some of my elementary parochial school St. Stanislaus classmates... some attended MAHS, but the others went to NBVM and I haven't seen them since 5th grade as I moved over to public school in Llewellyn for grade 6. I have been in touch with one of those classmates, Bob Namiot... attached is our St. Stan’s First Holy Communion group picture and we came up with the following names of St. Stan classmates... question some spellings… can you post this or pass along to those in the 1968 class at NBVM… I’m trying to find those that went to St. Stans and then NBVM….I’ve highlighted those that did not go to MAHS and I would guess, went onto NBVM… thanks.


Tim Mihalski,


Minersville H.S. Class of 1968




left click mouse over photo to enlarge
3rd Grade Holy Communion Picture... Top row: Victor Novack, Richard Lipka, Eugene Yourey (Deceased), Tim Mihalski , George Marteslo, Dan Reagan (Deceased I Think) , Steve Costick. Middle row: Joe Skawinski, Bob Namiot, Florence Butcavage, Patty Pecina, Celestine Wrona, Doc Stabinski, Robert Wentz Bottom row: Rosemary Zitka , Bonnie Perambo, Diane Wawrzaszek, Pastor Fr. Krieski, Joann Stock, Sharon Roshannon, Colleen Mitsock.



Thanks Tim for the email and the neat photograph. I looked through the records and the following classmates hailed from St. Stanislaus parish: James P. Martin & John Poslosky. If you are in contact with Bob Namiot tell him to email or drop a post. For your contribution here is the "Who Stole the Kishka Polka" dedicated to the St. Stan alumnii: Who Stole the Kishka? (click the link and turn up the volume full blast).

No comments: